Blog Archive

Mar 19, 2008

Mountain Biking Dreamy Draw Trail 100 etc 3-18-08

Well, on Sunday Elvota and Micki mentioned a cool area of the park I normally ride that did NOT sound familiar to me. I had never been over to this area...
Then on Monday while hiking Squaw Peak I saw it! There it was! How had I never seen it before! A whole new valley that they call the Abyss.
So, on Tuesday I went and found it!
There is nothing quite like finding new trails!
Photobucket
Fresh paths!
Photobucket
Lets see if I can make you tilt your head...
Photobucket
This place was great to look at and even more fun to ride.
Photobucket
THAT WAS TOO BRIGHT!
Let me find something to cover that sun so you can see!
Photobucket
That Kinda worked, but I had to move... Oh wait. I know.
I'll just block out the sun myself!
Photobucket

You can see some of the trail ahead.
Photobucket
The downhill was steep and rocky. I run low tire pressure... This can't go well. You can see the trail skirting along the cliff here.
Photobucket
Then... a flat. Although it provided me with the best shot of the day...
Photobucket

As the sun set the mountains were painted red.
Photobucket

As there seems to be most days, someone was getting airlifted off of Squaw peak... You can see the helicopter, they had just landed a second before this shot.
Must be someone from Ohio. haha, just kidding. I know people from there!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Contributors