Blog Archive

Sep 15, 2010

HHMC 2010. DAY 10 of 10

I'm going to let Waylon Jennings take me home. Old country is great for riding down the highway...



476 Miles from home.

View HHMC Run 2010 in a larger map

Now THAT is a great sunrise view from the campsite. I love UTAH!
Photobucket

So I got up and blasted down to the town of Orderville. Not a large place, but the Thunderbird Cafe was good enough food and it was cheap. I kept moving on down through Kanab, Utah and on to Fredonia, AZ. From there I headed toward the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
Photobucket

The road ahead looking good!
Photobucket

Blasting along the road towards the Colorado river and Lee's Ferry.
Photobucket

Love this area.
Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Cruising over the bridge at Lee's Ferry. An old ferry crossing for the Colorado that now is the put in spot for fishing and rafting in or near the Grand Canyon which is just down river.


Cool looking old bridge!
Photobucket

Not a bad view below either!
Photobucket

Such weird formations of rock. These looked like large mud hills as I went through Native American Reservation land.
Photobucket

Chief Yellow Horse was not in today. I know because usually there is a giant old Cadillac that looks like it was painted with a roller and some yellow house paint.
Photobucket

Headed into Flagstaff. I didn't have time to stop, but I LOVE flag!
Photobucket

I decided to avoid the slab of the I-17 to Phoenix and instead take a back way through Williams, Prescott and Wickenburg. MUCH more twisty and fun.
Williams was really cool. It's the "Gateway to the Grand Canyon" and although being touristy it has a lot of history and some cool old bars. Gotta come back here and finally ride one of the historical trains to the grand canyon.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Off I headed for Prescott. I love the view as you head into town. These rocks are so beautiful to hike amongst.
Photobucket

Photobucket



I stopped in Prescott for some food and gas at my favorite place. The Raven. I was lucky enough to see a really good buddy and catch up. It was a good pause before being home. Prescott is just far enough away where I felt like I was still on the trip and relaxed. No bills, no responsibilities yet.
I'm glad I stopped and enjoyed one last hour of traveling time!

I decided that I'd better not ruin a good thing at this point so I kept on the back roads all the way into Phoenix. It was a great ride!!!!
When the hell can I do it all over again and lets triple the length please.
Photobucket

Don't wake up dead, but just in case, you better not put off living life. Thanks for reading.
Monkey, Dirt Beard, Scuba Steve, Smokey and timtim.
Photobucket

3 comments:

61cadillackid said...

Nice tim tim!! Next year i wont miss it. And good lord willing I will have a nice newer bike to blast off on!

Pretty Boy

TheNormalHouse said...

DAMN TIM! Looked Like a Blast! Ill be there next year!

Anonymous said...

Man, what a great trip and write up. Thanks for taking the time and putting in the effort. If you cats ever want a 6th along, please don't hesitate to track me down. I'm in.
"cdubya" on ADVrider.

Contributors