Blog Archive

Apr 28, 2008

Nick Boehle

It's been a long week.
http://www.abc15.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=df219d7d-7ef1-4c16-ad42-5db1446a14a1
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/04/25/20080425crashfolo0425.html
We lost a friend (Nick Boehle, pronounced like "bailey") and two other people that I didn't personally know.
Nick was a great guy and friend. I was lucky enough to go mountain biking with him just a week before he passed. I'm not going to say I knew Nick the best, but I really did like him. In fact I wanted to learn from him as everyone did. He just lived to the fullest.
Taking trips all over the world! Everyone who knew him lived vicariously through him.
He was a self made business owner. I know that I respected that about him as everyone did. He started a company and became very successful. I have a feeling whether Nick had any money or not he would live life the same, to the fullest. Doing all of the things most of us are scared to do or put off to do "someday."
One of his fellow friends at Scottsdale 2030 said it best "If I do as much in my life as Nick was able to do in 27 years, then I've lived well."
Imagine what someone like him would have done given 80 years.

I'm not sad for Nick. He died doing what he loved and knew was dangerous. I'm sad for his family and friends.

I lost a friend many years ago to drugs. That death made me angry and was needless.

Nick was in the process of living life to the fullest. He didn't live in a safe little box and took risks within certain limits.
He will be missed and remembered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so tragic. I was able to make it to the service and his Mother really touched my heart with what she had to say. I can not imagine what they are going through, it's not right to loose your child. I have 3 and just the thought shakes me to the core. Pretty strong lady to get up there and speak and deliver a powerful message with what she is going through. My heart goes out to them and to Brian and Lisa's family as well.

Contributors