Blog Archive

Apr 8, 2008

50 Year Trail Tucson Arizona

I went down to visit my parents and while I was there I had to hit up one of my old favorite trails while in college.
Just a couple miles in you get to the Chutes! A ton of fun. I can never ride these just once. Sometimes during college I would never make it to the trail because I would just keep doing this section.
Photobucket
Down and down some more!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After the chutes end the real 50 year trail begins!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rock grips well!
Photobucket
Wear shin guards on a trail like this...
You'll see why later.
Photobucket
This trail has a LOT of tight spots. Some are doable some are just painful.
Photobucket
Great views!
Photobucket
Banked turns!!
Photobucket
Lots of them!
Photobucket
Photobucket
A fun sand wash!
Photobucket
Photobucket
OOUCH!
Photobucket
Well, the cuts were not that bad. They just look neat. I didn't mind them as I rode because it was so much fun!!!
The BAD part is chiggers! I'd never even heard of them! I thought I had bug bites. I really got chiggers from the brush and bushes while riding. They burrow into your skin and I had enough cuts and scrapes for them to find plenty of places.
I know EWWWWW!
They go away, die whatever and just leave mosquito bite size itchy bumps. You can't even see them they are so small. That was not fun!
Photobucket

No comments:

Contributors