Dec 4, 2011

Winter Wonderland 2011. Flagstaff, AZ

We went up to Flagstaff again this year for a "Winter Wonderland" trip. The timing was perfect!
Snow started falling a few hours before we hit the road. By the time we hit 4500 feet there was a couple of inches packed onto the I-17.
As we drove along in line where the highway was showing through I saw a pair of headlights passing some cars behind me in the fast lane. This guys was either very good or very stupid. When I looked in the rear view and saw the U-Haul trailer sliding sideways behind his SUV I knew he was the latter.

A few miles later I had to scratch the itch of seeing if my high beams would make it easier to see. I knew it wouldn't and shouldn't, but I had to try. Of course it made it much worse like driving in fog so I immediately turned them off. When I did only one of my normal beams came back on. Oops! Hell of a time to loose a headlight.
They had lasted 5 years, but now they die!? Oh well. Oddly enough it made it easier to see with only one headlight. There was enough moon light to see the road and less electric light made it easier to see through the driving snow. I was still worried about OTHER vehicles not seeing me as well. Fortunately, we made it safely.

Photobucket

It was great seeing it snow all day Saturday! Egg nog a plenty. It was a LAZY day.
On Sunday we headed out and did some snow wheeling.

The Dingo's running wild.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We even saw a few Mule Deer.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Poser
Photobucket

All in all, we accomplished nothing this weekend, except some relaxing. Mission complete.
Photobucket



No comments:

Contributors